The Lounge is rated Safe For Work. If you're about to post something inappropriate for a shared office environment, then don't post it. No ads, no abuse, and no programming questions. Trolling, (political, climate, religious or whatever) will result in your account being removed.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen.
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
Latest firefox has new Picture-In-Picture feature so you can watch videos while doing other things. You can click on the pip link that will appear when watching a video and the video will move to TopMost window in bottom-right while all your other windows work as normally.
It's especially nice if you're doing training videos and you want to use your code editor while watching a video.
Here's a snapshot of it: https://i.stack.imgur.com/vIiaA.png[^]
(That's the feature running on Ubuntu desktop, but it works on Win10 too.)
I switched away from Google Chrome to FireFox over a year ago and it has been nice.
Yeah...part of the features of most GUI-based operating systems is to manage windows independently...you'd have to think they would be best suited to allow the user to arrange different windows as he pleases. I can't imagine the people behind Firefox, as smart as they think they might be, could be doing a better job of it.
You can "script" the Windows Voice Synthesizer. English has at least 5 "voices", so now you can have a 5-way. Tried multiple Synths, but only one was effective, so you can't "talk over" someone. Still, with changing pitch, etc., you can have interesting meetings (behind closed doors) and not even be there.
Or add it as a script / hook to your co-workers PC so it talks back as they type.
It was only in wine that he laid down no limit for himself, but he did not allow himself to be confused by it.
― Confucian Analects: Rules of Confucius about his food
What do the digits of pi, colliding blocks and quantum search algorithms have in common ... they connect the worlds of dynamics, geometry and quantum computation, highlighting how even the most abstract math puzzles can have surprising physical relevance.
«One day it will have to be officially admitted that what we have christened reality is an even greater illusion than the world of dreams.» Salvador Dali
So my particular flavor of crazy has made me into a shutin over the past couple of years - i am too paranoid to deal with other people on a regular basis outside by spouse. Being schizoaffective requires me to develop some insular hobbies.
It has made employment challenging. Well that, and the fact that I can't control when i daydream and my short term memory is shot meaning i need email or i won't remember we even spoke.
So I've had time to fill, and been hoping I could find something I could do to get me working more and I see ads for a lot of remote gigs.
Trouble is I've tried that before and it's really challenging because being in a separate physical space puts me in "work mode" and I don't have a spare room to make an office out of.
And getting out of the house anyway most days isn't happening as long as my agoraphobia is what it is.
But at least I can still code. I just need to get clever if I want to do enough of it to fill up my days like it used to.
Either that or i need to take on a lot more hobbies. I'm still trying to learn to deal with all this business of being mad. It doesn't come with a manual. It really should. "The hatter's guide to madness" or something. That would be nice.
Real programmers use butterflies
Last Visit: 26-Jan-20 11:02 Last Update: 26-Jan-20 11:02