The Lounge is rated Safe For Work. If you're about to post something inappropriate for a shared office environment, then don't post it. No ads, no abuse, and no programming questions. Trolling, (political, climate, religious or whatever) will result in your account being removed.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen.
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
It seems from the top left it is 's birthday, or is the anniversary of his arrival on this Pale Blue Dot? How long has CP been around, I first found it many moons ago in First post Uni job looking for an accurate way of timing something with precision in VB6! . Some how I managed it...
Last Christmas I played NieR: Automata, one of the best games I've ever played.
The soundtrack is amazing and Weight of the World was already SOTW earlier this year.
This week I found a piano cover.
Not just any piano cover, I think this one is even better than the original piano collections.
This Animenz guy plays anime (and games, apparently) soundtracks on piano.
The melody is still beautiful and this guy adds quite a bit of notes, making it even more impressive.
Meanwhile I'm still struggling with playing slow 8th notes with both hands at the same time
Since the end of Sharp Develop I have been looking for a replacement. Visual Studio is out of the question. Not for free and not even if they actually wanted to pay me money to use it. Linux and Mono look far more attractive to me now. Has anyone ported half a ton of existing code to Mono? Was it easy or problematic? If this does not work out, then I will have little choice but to throw everything away and go home to C++. Better a bitter end than bitterness without an end.
I have lived with several Zen masters - all of them were cats.
His last invention was an evil Lasagna. It didn't kill anyone, and it actually tasted pretty good.
Government can give you nothing but what it takes from somebody else. A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you've got, including your freedom.-Ezra Taft Benson
You must accept 1 of 2 basic premises: Either we are alone in the universe or we are not alone. Either way, the implications are staggering!-Wernher von Braun