The Lounge is rated Safe For Work. If you're about to post something inappropriate for a shared office environment, then don't post it. No ads, no abuse, and no programming questions. Trolling, (political, climate, religious or whatever) will result in your account being removed.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen.
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
Has there been an Office or Windows update recently that reinstalled some drivers for the USB? I ask as PC lost the ability to access it's keyboard, well the 'num' lock still turned on and off! The issue was the keyboard was dead the mouse was dead! As I locked the machine I could log back in, off went the power switch out came the power cord! All is good but I have noticed the Icons for Orfice have changed!
I heard this song on the radio about two weeks ago.
Although I didn't know Händel composed it, I recognized the song right away.
A couple of days later I remembered, I knew this song from a Best Of Sarah Brightman album.
Someone else later said to me that Celtic Woman sang it too, so I've heard it from them too.
It's also a popular classical piece, so I've probably heard it performed by orchestras as well.
So I've known this song for many years, but this time it really got to me and I've been playing it a lot.
Apparently, Händel used the melody in his opera Almira and later used it in his opera Rinaldo, for which it's mainly associated with.
Bonus SOTW joke!
What are the first three numbers of an opera singer's phone number?
During one of my presentation the statement I wrote was " blah......., therefore the possibility of missing the deadline is very high".
The whole discussion later was if I Should have used possibility or probability. My argument was that since its more on a gut feeling and guestimate , I used Possibility.
IMHO probability should be used if its backed on the solid and valid statistical numbers.
Too much of good is bad,mix some evil in it
I got my previous job through LinkedIn.
I've got some other good contacts there as well.
One that almost landed me a job and even one that almost landed me a customer (this time it was "almost", but I'll get them next time!).
It's also where I get offers to write books and create other content (for cash, of course).
It really depends on what you want though.
Sometimes, I just like to check my feed for interesting articles.
The downside of LinkedIn is all those pesky recruiters that "Have a great job near you! My client is based in Amsterdam and is looking for senior Java developers!" (Amsterdam is over an hour away, but easily two hours with traffic, and I don't do Java).
If your style is to take a job and stick with it until retirement, LinkedIn isn't for you.
If something has a solution... Why do we have to worry about?. If it has no solution... For what reason do we have to worry about?
Help me to understand what I'm saying, and I'll explain it better to you
Rating helpful answers is nice, but saying thanks can be even nicer.
I don't recognise birthdays (particularly my own) so just carry on.
Anyway why do people only wish you to be happy once a year? sounds cruel to me.
... everyday: have a happy day
after many otherwise intelligent sounding suggestions that achieved nothing the nice folks at Technet said the only solution was to low level format my hard disk then reinstall my signature. Sadly, this still didn't fix the issue!