The Lounge is rated Safe For Work. If you're about to post something inappropriate for a shared office environment, then don't post it. No ads, no abuse, and no programming questions. Trolling, (political, climate, religious or whatever) will result in your account being removed.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen.
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
I went ahead and got the Roku, and we're all set up.
".45 ACP - because shooting twice is just silly" - JSOP, 2010 ----- You can never have too much ammo - unless you're swimming, or on fire. - JSOP, 2010 ----- When you pry the gun from my cold dead hands, be careful - the barrel will be very hot. - JSOP, 2013
Bought a new computer Tuesday!
In fact I am super happy with my acquisition, spent 1 hour scrutinizing Officeworks website.. Ordered online, go it today, sweet!
The beats is sleek, and slim, and fast (for its purpose)! nice!
However, it comes with plenty of pre-installed uselessware, like antivirus. So I presto remove them (antivirus only cause me grief and never did any good) but I got struck by a vague remorse, could it be that today's antivirus are ok?
I.e. they don't spend time vampirising all your machine performance...
It was McAfee Live Safe that I just removed.
What say you?
I'm using Kaspersky, so far it's the easiest on the CPU and does not break compatibility with old games or software. Also it's completely local, as opposed to Sophos that went cloud and now is configurable only through an Internet connection, is a cpu hog and will make some software fail silently without any possibility of excluding them.
NortNot and McCoughee are laughable, BitDefender came highly recommened and it basically killed two computers that I own so I avoid it, Avast and AVG became worse than the threats they supposedly protect from.
GCS d--(d+) s-/++ a C++++ U+++ P- L+@ E-- W++ N+ o+ K- w+++ O? M-- V? PS+ PE- Y+ PGP t+ 5? X R+++ tv-- b+(+++) DI+++ D++ G e++ h--- r+++ y+++* Weapons extension: ma- k++ F+2 X
Erlang - maybe not mainstream or popular anymore, but the basis of RabbitMQ.
Perl - Also still being used.
Objective-C - Also still being used.
I think sometimes people just write articles for the sake of it and have very little idea of what's actually being used in industry, especially when it comes to the popularity of programming languages.
When I woke up, someone had put a teabag in my mouth.
I'm not happy - I hate being taken for a mug ...
"I have no idea what I did, but I'm taking full credit for it." - ThisOldTony
"Common sense is so rare these days, it should be classified as a super power" - Random T-shirt
AntiTwitter: @DalekDave is now a follower!