The Lounge is rated Safe For Work. If you're about to post something inappropriate for a shared office environment, then don't post it. No ads, no abuse, and no programming questions. Trolling, (political, climate, religious or whatever) will result in your account being removed.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen.
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
Maybe you should vent sooner rather than saving your ventilator.
"the debugger doesn't tell me anything because this code compiles just fine" - random QA comment
"Facebook is where you tell lies to your friends. Twitter is where you tell the truth to strangers." - chriselst
"I don't drink any more... then again, I don't drink any less." - Mike Mullikins uncle
A client wants some reporting stuff automation.
The problem... The reporting tool of their ERP system is over 15 years old
The supplier has since switched to a new format and I had to get a report viewer from... Somewhere
It's not really a problem for me though, the whole report is XML which is decent enough (as decent as XML gets anyway).
The real problem is within the report content... Pascal Script!
Actually printing a report is going to be nice, their SDK for this version is only available in... Delphi
Someone else is doing the Delphi, luckily
I didn't think I was old enough to ever witness Pascal, even if it's just its unholy script spawn.
Pascal Script looks a lot like PL/SQL and thus burns mine eyes!
I've already ordered a set of dark robes to perform my (now) nightly programming rituals.
A question for the initiated, do I need a cauldron?