The Lounge is rated Safe For Work. If you're about to post something inappropriate for a shared office environment, then don't post it. No ads, no abuse, and no programming questions. Trolling, (political, climate, religious or whatever) will result in your account being removed.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen.
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
So he may now know the answers to The Quiz of the Ever After.
It's getting so that there are hardly any entertainers of "concert-party age" left (Parsons himself never served, but he was the right age) -- almost everyone who was on the telly when I was a child has gone.
I wanna be a eunuchs developer! Pass me a bread knife!
Anything that is unrelated to elephants is irrelephant Anonymous - The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they're genuine Winston Churchill, 1944 - Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. Mark Twain
Tried to run a 'soak test' on my PC talking to some piece of hardware. As this would be affected by use of the PC during the day I left over night. First set it going Friday come in yesterday got to Saturday morning and Orfice 365 'updated' again... something went wrong system was locked!
It would unlock, so that test was useless. Tried it again last night (rather 48 get 8 hours!) it appears the update thing ran again and clunk locked PC again... Have to try again tonight hopefully I can find a way of making sure there are no updates...
I did try most of that last night, I'll have to have more of in depth look, I think from playing with it Orfice 365 are beyond my control. So a simple task require talking to our overlords...(mutter, mutter)
might want to add some SOAP too,
they say peoples keyboards got more germs than their toilets, particularly heavy users. (PC for fat dev's?).
today's wisdom for the busy large IT person (and cat owners):
clean your keyboard, and save time by not cleaning toilet.
after many otherwise intelligent sounding suggestions that achieved nothing the nice folks at Technet said the only solution was to low level format my hard disk then reinstall my signature. Sadly, this still didn't fix the issue!
Look at the last post in the thread you started yesetrday asking him for his CCC. He posted it there for some reason and not in a new thread.
"I controlled my laughter and simple said "No,I am very busy,so I can't write any code for you". The moment they heard this all the smiling face turned into a sad looking face and one of them farted. So I had to leave the place as soon as possible." - Mr.Prakash One Fine Saturday. 24/04/2004