The Lounge is rated Safe For Work. If you're about to post something inappropriate for a shared office environment, then don't post it. No ads, no abuse, and no programming questions. Trolling, (political, climate, religious or whatever) will result in your account being removed.
Last night I had a dream. Don't remember much but from it but I know there was a Dutch class somewhere close as I could hear one person speaking Dutch alphabets and students reciting it. When I was half awake half asleep, I could still hear that sound of classroom. Which I found weird. I concentrated a little and noticed that it was our son's breathing sound (who has cold and blocked nose so is breathing heavily while asleep). My brain was reading these sounds and somehow changing it to classroom sound. I then wondered if I could hear that class room sound again and I could!
It was spooky and interesting.
And no, there was no alcohol (or any other stuff) involved.
don't be afraid. your son is being guided and kept safe through this trial.
after many otherwise intelligent sounding suggestions that achieved nothing the nice folks at Technet said the only solution was to low level format my hard disk then reinstall my signature. Sadly, this still didn't fix the issue!
My ex-wife's father was Dutch, so she could speak the Dutch language. In her late teens, as a student, she had summer jobs at the tourist information office. When a group of tourists arrived, she could understand their chatting, but it was not in any language she knew. Or knew that she knew...
They talked to her in English, not revealing their nationality. Later, she concluded that they must have been from South Africa, speaking Afrikaans, which is halfway between a strange Dutch dialect and a language of its own.
It is interesting how the mind works. My grandfather used to call it midnight engineering...go to sleep thinking about a problem and wake up with a solution.
The other night it happened to me. I saw a 3d int array floating in space. Each point had either a 0 or a sub-account id. I implemented it yesterday as a lookup array. (worked the first time too!) Maybe I should get more sleep!
I was asleep and dreaming once, where in my dream I was listening to another person who told a joke. I had never heard that joke before and the joke was funny. Somehow in my dream state, I realized that I was dreaming and realized the profoundness of the situation. I woke up and have pondered this many times since.
And now the output is in a nice, single file, with the primary output implementing IEnumerable<Token>/IEnumerator<Token>
I still have to update the command line argument parsing and a bit of the grammar spec but at least I'll have a deliverable for Codeproject very early this next month
Accomplishing this was so much harder than it looks. I'm using some really grotty code someone else wrote and hasn't maintained for 6 years and I had to retool the front end and back end of it both.
I still barely understand it, but apparently well enough to get it to tease out a lexer that looks how I want it.
The hard part was adjusting the input file format. The original parser is heavily embedded with the app's logic. I had to reverse engineer it, and it's not a hand written parser. It's not even top down so it's impossible to follow in a debugger. It's a table driven LALR(1) parser with syntax directed actions. Fun. =(
I finally went back to the original .y file to get at the parser logic. Of course to change it I had to find an old copy of gppg.exe on the web somewhere (behind a "dangerous" link so I had to wget it - my browser refused to download) - that's so I could get GPLEX to rebuild its parser code.
Anyway, I can see daylight now. I just have to change a few more things with the input spec and then change up the command line argument processing some more.
I'm probably the only person that will ever use this.