The Lounge is rated Safe For Work. If you're about to post something inappropriate for a shared office environment, then don't post it. No ads, no abuse, and no programming questions. Trolling, (political, climate, religious or whatever) will result in your account being removed.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen.
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
I listed a few meetings to watch in each day (knowing that I will watch them later), and started yesterday evening...
Saw maybe a quarter of it, but found it really boring and repetitive... (most of my interest in these days are legal-with-modern on/out Azure + security)
Anyone else saw something? Some recommendations to watch?
"The only place where Success comes before Work is in the dictionary." Vidal Sassoon, 1928 - 2012
I haven't watched any of it - I'm allergic to company hype - but this looks interesting: Xamarin Updates From Microsoft Build 2020 | Xamarin Blog[^]
Maui - if it works - could be good, a single codebase for multiple devices / OS instead of the "single base code with multiple target code as well" of Xamarin.
"I have no idea what I did, but I'm taking full credit for it." - ThisOldTony
AntiTwitter: @DalekDave is now a follower!
Thank you very much. I will try the follwing next time:
a.) Peel raw potatoes
b.) Grate them
c.) Rinse them in a strainer
d.) Squeeze them 'slightly enough' by hand
c.) Fry in butter with a lot of bacon, ham and egg parallel
It does not solve my Problem, but it answers my question
The Norwegian national dish, "fårikål", is a mutton and cabbage stew made with a lot of whole black pepper corns. When my parents served that to foreign guests, my dad always told with a straight face that those corns were the real delicacy. He used to make sure to tell it when mom made a trip to the kitchen - otherwise, she would have stopped the joke.
And then, some crazy proposals turn out to be great! In one Woody Allen movie (I don't remember which one), Allen is out at a pizza place with some young girl. The waiter comes with a pizza, looks at the couple from one side, then from another side, and finally goes up to them: "It must be you ordering a pizza with ..." and then lists about twenty diffrent fillings. When the waiter has left, Allen comments: "He forgot the coconut!"
This episode made me curious, so next time I made a pizza with a ground meat filling, I tried to fry the meat with shredded coconut before putting on the pizza. It was deicious! Since then, I have often used coconut on my pizza. When I tell people, the generally react with a greater shock than if you tell you use pineapple on your pizza!
(Some people from India give me an assuring nod: In their cusine, coconut milk is often used with mutton, so they accept that it can be good with beef as well, even if they are not familiar with beef, being Hindus.)
There was a discussion about a week and a half ago that sidetracked into triple cooked poatao chips, The Lounge[^]. This post, and also the YouTube video linked in the post, talks a lot about cooling potatoes in the fridge to get the moisture out.
Maybe I'm one of the stupid ones too....but a live cannonball? I thought cannonballs were just round balls fired from cannons, projected via an explosion in the cannon between the ball and the end of the cannon's barrel.
Some googling surprised me too. Cannonballs were pretty diverse. The mainstay were solid iron or stone but they also had cannonballs with explosives inside, cannonballs filled with shrapnel and explosive, and canister/grape shot which was around the size of a coffee can and filled with small metal balls essentially turning the cannon into a giant shotgun.
If something has a solution... Why do we have to worry about?. If it has no solution... For what reason do we have to worry about?
Help me to understand what I'm saying, and I'll explain it better to you
Rating helpful answers is nice, but saying thanks can be even nicer.