The Lounge is rated Safe For Work. If you're about to post something inappropriate for a shared office environment, then don't post it. No ads, no abuse, and no programming questions. Trolling, (political, climate, religious or whatever) will result in your account being removed.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen.
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
This project is crashing when used inside visual studio on some poor soul's machine, but not on mine, and from all appearances, not on other people's? though I can't be sure on that last score and that's why i need you, gentle reader:
What you need:
A copy of VS2019, and a few minutes to compile and install a small VSIX package, and then use it on one of your projects (it doesn't change anything, it just zips stuff)
What you get:
A cool little utility that will zip your source code (silver prize) - or a crash, and a precious repro (gold prize)
Also my undying gratitude.
I compile and installed the extension... then I tried it on a few project....
(cool extension btw)
It failed on my main (own) home project though... displaying that message box
Illegal characters in path.
though there is lot of stuff in my home project.. lots of normal .NET/.NETCore, some Xamarin (Android & iOS) and a broken Installer project type (not the default MS one, mind you, a WiX VSIX extension) so.. I will give it a pass...
"the debugger doesn't tell me anything because this code compiles just fine" - random QA comment
"Facebook is where you tell lies to your friends. Twitter is where you tell the truth to strangers." - chriselst
"I don't drink any more... then again, I don't drink any less." - Mike Mullikins uncle
Interesting question. I'm sure it'll stir up a heated diskussion!
Anything that is unrelated to elephants is irrelephant Anonymous - The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they're genuine Winston Churchill, 1944 - Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. Mark Twain