The Lounge is rated Safe For Work. If you're about to post something inappropriate for a shared office environment, then don't post it. No ads, no abuse, and no programming questions. Trolling, (political, climate, religious or whatever) will result in your account being removed.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen.
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
If I would be my usual me, I'd answer : "Yes, I did. He was even asking me why I stabbed him with this butcher knife". but since this subject seems to touch a nerve on your side, I will simply pass on and not put more oil on the fire.
Not jokes: I have lost one than one friend in front of me. One died in my arms after an aneurysm, another died from a heart attack despite me doing CPR until the ambulance arrived. Another was shot during a battle with bandits in Hong Kong many years ago. He was telling jokes to cheer himself up and reassure us he was OK. He died at the hospital a couple of days later.
I can joke about death and am not offended by jokes about death - it is part of our lives we need to accept.
- I would love to change the world, but they won’t give me the source code.
... and it seems to be my ISP ... but it's affecting CP: I report a spammer, and it goes to the home page, link pasting isn't working, I can't get to Google at all, though Bing is available ... and DownDetector is saying there is a country wide problem with my ISP. I have full internet via my phone, but sites are patchy.
"I have no idea what I did, but I'm taking full credit for it." - ThisOldTony
AntiTwitter: @DalekDave is now a follower!
Oh man, Paul...
You were complaining that the antivirus didn't work for you and your wife... I think you have now infected the router.
If something has a solution... Why do we have to worry about?. If it has no solution... For what reason do we have to worry about?
Help me to understand what I'm saying, and I'll explain it better to you
Rating helpful answers is nice, but saying thanks can be even nicer.