The Lounge is rated Safe For Work. If you're about to post something inappropriate for a shared office environment, then don't post it. No ads, no abuse, and no programming questions. Trolling, (political, climate, religious or whatever) will result in your account being removed.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen.
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
If this is a Leslie, so be it. But for those not initiated, here's a horror video for you, made even more horrifying by the god-awful laugh track. (And don't ask me where the term 'god-awful' comes from - I don't know - yet.)
For a while Houdini used a trap door in every show he did - but it was just a stage he was going through.
"I have no idea what I did, but I'm taking full credit for it." - ThisOldTony
"Common sense is so rare these days, it should be classified as a super power" - Random T-shirt
AntiTwitter: @DalekDave is now a follower!
I've been quite displeased with VS since 2008. Now I didn't try 2010 but have an install 2015 I use every year or so. There just seems to be an ever-increasing amount of "Stuff" that is peripheral to the code. Something unsavory about the evolution of VS.
Weirdo seeks the similarly motivated to engage in building a better mousetrap - a very niche mousetrap running on hardware you probably don't even have want.
spelunking through the ESP-IDF
using google translate on chinese technical documentation, and then coding against what i get back
writing random missives on the code project lounge
writing code that gives @SanderRossel fits
Turn offs include
holy rolling (unless it's about a technology i also holy roll about)
caring too much about standards (we take a buddhist approach to coding standards in *this* house - *blows nose on robes* - don't get too attached to anything)
avoiding the undocumented parts
But if anyone wants to help come up with a better way to do FAT32 on an ESP32, and wrap or improve the IDF in general i'll be over here, trying to learn Mandarin.
A politician or political commentator in the UK (I forget who) recently said "why do we teach kids French in school; it would be far more useful to teach them Japanese". As far as I can see, learning Mandarin would be the better alternative.
1: He didn't pronounce the semi-colon. I added that for the sake of efficient paraphrasing.