The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
The latest garbage I get are numerous offers from "AmazonCom", "Costco", "Walmart" for special gift cards that I just have to "activate" by clicking on a provided link. However, the scumbags send the messages from an email address that does not remotely reflect the genuine companies at all.
Probably from some lowlife somewhere in Russia or thereabouts.
I Have it from a good authority in Russia there's a South African guy that needs help to transfer a few boatloads of cash out and will pay handsomely for use of a bank account.
I'd do it myself but going away this weekend.
If you're interested, I can send him your email address...
sounds to me like if you help him you could easily pay for a whole shipping container viagra and keep a small village of Russian wives comfortable
Logged in just to write this:
I'm a regular reader of the newsletter and your funny lines really make my day!
Thank you for what you do and keep doing it!
"The wise have ways that the fools don't understand" - Me
"The fools have ways that the wise don't care to understand" - Me
"The wise fool is a god amongst us foolish wisemen" - Me
"I'm not too smart when I have to be" - Me
"Please pass the salt" - Me at the dinner table.
Well... Kent Sharkey! Praise be upon you.
My favorite so far is (I star the ones I like in my inbox):
Wikileaks founder Assange reveals his next target: Google Free information gets its latest teaser trailer.
If Kent Sharkey does visit upon this thread, tell me sir, do you write the serious line followed by the funny line? Or do you do all the serious lines first and then a day later add the funny line? I want to know....
If something has a solution... Why do we have to worry about?. If it has no solution... For what reason do we have to worry about?
Help me to understand what I'm saying, and I'll explain it better to you
Rating helpful answers is nice, but saying thanks can be even nicer.