The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
When I was 7 and all into the Monkeys and had heard some Beatles, being the little one among many siblings, I was with em all visiting the eldest who had moved out to So Cal. While they all "chewed the fat" I was thumbing through his record collection and came across a curious record that was shaped like a stop sign and had the most motley disrespective looking lads on the cover. "Through the past darkly" was the record and when I got to honkey tonk woman, well this corn fed punk from St. Paul was to never be the same again.
On the surface, it's a good idea - ish - for people who don't actually want to interact with their pets: they can go away and feed them remotely from the Seychelles, or a bangin' club in Tenerife.
But ... then you spot what Caroline noticed: the camera can't actually see the food dish, so you have no idea if they are hungry. This (and the rather indifferent software) may be why the newer version has the camera removed.
Sent from my Amstrad PC 1640 Never throw anything away, Griff
Bad command or file name. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaaay...
AntiTwitter: @DalekDave is now a follower!
... Because all the do to me, for one, is piss me off.
I was going to add a gag about tables to the Programming Question of the Week?[^] thread, but when I checked the link to giveupandusetables-dot-com, I found that a bunch of pr1cks have taken it over, with the typical kind of half-arsed shop site that I would in no way trust with my money.
So all the links to giveupandusetables, all around the web, now point to those prick's site -- and let's be very clear that the name giveupandusetables-dot-com is in no way connected with what they're trying to sell.
What's annoying isn't that giveupandusetables is gone; it's that the pr1cks we're discussing, here, obviously think they're marketing geniuses, who have made a genius move that will make their fortunes, because everyone will be so happy that the site they wanted has been hijacked by them.
Anyway, having long ago downloaded acopy of the giveupandusetables app, I've uploaded it to here[^], and I might later use the wayback machine to also add a copy of the original page.
I wanna be a eunuchs developer! Pass me a bread knife!