The Lounge is rated Safe For Work. If you're about to post something inappropriate for a shared office environment, then don't post it. No ads, no abuse, and no programming questions. Trolling, (political, climate, religious or whatever) will result in your account being removed.
Ah, so you had one of 'those' days......everyone has to have their share you know.
Mine, was quite a good day.
a) New ski goggles arrived, they are much awesomeness.....
b) Phoned the company I ordered my new skis from on Monday to see what the order status was. They were ready sitting in one of their local stores ready for despatch, asked to collect them and not a problem, if I take my ski boots with me, they will fit the bindings while I wait., so 1/2 hour later, i'm in their store collecting new skis.
c) popped out to comet for the cheapest of cheap travel irons (9ukp), went home and waxed the new skis.
Just ready to hit the slopes, which I am probably going to do tomorrow after dropping the kids off at school.
Sorry that you have had such a trying day but glad it's not just me that does dumb (forgetful) stuff like that.
Girl: (staring) "Why do you need an icy cucumber?"
“I want to report a fraud. The government is lying to us all.”
I wouldn't let CG touch my Abacus!
When you're wrestling a gorilla, you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is.
Cogito ergo thumb - Sucking my thumb helps me to think.
I've spent the day waitIng for people to come back with feed back only to be told that they couldn't today and will HOPE to start it on Tuesday.
So I spent the day trying to learn dependcy injection and NInject instead.
Lobster Thermidor aux crevettes with a Mornay sauce, served in a Provençale manner with shallots and aubergines, garnished with truffle pate, brandy and a fried egg on top and Spam - Monty Python Spam Sketch
What a wonderful experience....
1) Idiot behind the desk doesn't even acknowledge me with a hello or even a single word when I sit down in front of him.
2) Idiot behind the desk doesn't say a word asking for my application or anything for 30 seconds, so I finally just stick the application form under the window to him with all my supporting documents.
3) Idiot behind the desk still doesn't say anything until about 2 minutes later when he informs me that my friggin birth certificate is too old and no longer valid.
WTH is that about. The bloody thing is registered in their databases, so why do they make me have to get a new paper one, just so they can confirm that the one registered in their system is valid.
Panic, Chaos, Destruction. My work here is done.
Drink. Get drunk. Fall over - P O'H
OK, I will win to day or my name isn't Ethel Crudacre! - DDEthel Crudacre
I cannot live by bread alone. Bacon and ketchup are needed as well. - Trollslayer
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb - they're often *students*, for heaven's sake - Terry Pratchett
Good one. I was born in Quebec in 1954 and don't even have a birth certificate. For years I had to use record of my baptism as my proof of birth, but recently I had to obtained a copy of the record of my birth. It took several months before I could apply for my passport.
I am Canadian. [heard in a local bar]
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. [Yogi Berra]
posting about Crystal Reports here is like discussing gay marriage on a catholic church’s website.[Nishant Sivakumar]
1) Mentally challenged person behind the desk doesn't even acknowledge me with a hello or even a single word when I sit down in front of him.
2) Mentally challenged person behind the desk doesn't say a word asking for my application or anything for 30 seconds, so I finally just stick the application form under the window to him with all my supporting documents.
3) Mentally challenged person behind the desk still doesn't say anything until about 2 minutes later when he informs me that my friggin birth certificate is too old and no longer valid.
What about the times when they have a reason?
Or, could this possibly a preference thing?
- this space for rent -
Also, if someone is an idiot, is it not their right to be called one?
I'm of the opinion that calling people idiots is a lot better than spraying them from one's 9mm. Opinions on this may vary, and, of course, the firearms option may, in fact, be just what is called for.
Hard to say.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein
"As far as we know, our computer has never had an undetected error." - Weisert
"If you are searching for perfection in others, then you seek disappointment. If you are seek perfection in yourself, then you will find failure." - Balboos HaGadol Mar 2010