The Lounge is rated Safe For Work. If you're about to post something inappropriate for a shared office environment, then don't post it. No ads, no abuse, and no programming questions. Trolling, (political, climate, religious or whatever) will result in your account being removed.
In Italy (we drive on the right side, you are from UK so you drive on the wrong - in facts the contrary of right is wrong) for some years roundabouts were to be traversed CLOCKWISE - which meant invading the opposite lane to access a roundabout.
Then the traffic laws changed to the intelligent way, roundabouts are to be traversed COUNTERCLOCKWISE so everybody stays on its own lane.
All right and good except that for 20 years elderly drivers took the roudabouts in the old ways and frontal collisions in roundabouts skyrocketed. Roundabouts have been the most dangerous road features in Italy for years and they still are in remote places where 90 years old drivers are common.
1) At intersections, when you're clear to go, GO FOR FLOCK'S SAKE!! We aren't patient, at all;
2) Careful in roundabouts to the smartaxes who will enter even when you're already inside;
3) Careful in roundabouts to the smartaxes who will accelerate from 100 meters away to enter the nanosecond before you do;
4) Careful in roundabouts to the smartaxes don't know how to drive and will flank you from either side, or stop their car inside the roundabout and then shift to the rear gear because they missed their exit;
5) Pedestrians can and will jump out of nowhere with or without pedestrian crossings;
6) Don't honk if not absolutely necessary and you aren't ready to fight for dear life.
Bonus: cyclists without mandatory lights and mandatory reflective jackets are the norm. Especially when it's dark. Even worse if they are 80+ years old and can't go straight even on a ing rail.
If you have the file still open, you should be able to overwrite it's contents. Of course, you do have to have opened it for writing. If you're trying to simultaneously open the file a second time for writing and change its contents.. well.. that way lies bugs, which is why you're not allowed to do such dumb things.
PhotoShop refuses to write to my NAS. I have to store locally, then move the file.
If your operating system has no problem writing to the NAS then but PhotoShop cannot... then I would suspect that PhotoShop is using its own SMB implementation. It may be attempting a SMBv1 connection[^] to your network storage device.
Government can give you nothing but what it takes from somebody else. A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you've got, including your freedom.-Ezra Taft Benson
You must accept 1 of 2 basic premises: Either we are alone in the universe or we are not alone. Either way, the implications are staggering!-Wernher von Braun
Last Visit: 4-Aug-20 10:40 Last Update: 4-Aug-20 10:40