Welcome to the Lounge
The Lounge is rated Safe For Work. If you're about to post something inappropriate for a shared office environment, then don't post it. No ads, no abuse, and no programming questions. Trolling, (political, climate, religious or whatever) will result in your account being removed.
|My thanks to each and all who contributed to a previous thread which I started on the topic of face recognition.
Today I encountered this page...
It is a truly attractive deal, if I understand it; which I quite probably don't.
Short version: For small operators, Microsoft says they won't charge anything for their Face API.
If I'm reading their page properly, it appears that you get...
I'm still learning what a "transaction" is and I'm trying to figure out how their API would work with the other parts of the (currently non-existent) system in mind.
- 30,000 (thirty thousand) "transactions" per month
- A detection speed of twenty faces per minute
Truly, this looks like it could get us started on a really good system.
Then again, it also looks like great bait on a very sharp hook.
=== QUESTIONS FOR THE SMART BRIGADE ===
I'm the novice here, feel free to display superior knowledge. (Please, educate me)
- Has any reader here taken Microsoft up on this offer ?
- What questions am I failing to ask ?
- Who else can provide such an API ?
- Do I really want someone else's API ?
- What do you know that I don't ?
- How hard is the API to incorporate ?
- e.g., How many lines of code did you have to write ? (e.g., to interface between the camera, the database, whatever)
- What do I need to know before I start talking to Microsoft ?
- What haven't I considered at this point ?
modified 12-Nov-18 3:13am.
General News Suggestion Question Bug Answer Joke Praise Rant Admin
Use Ctrl+Left/Right to switch messages, Ctrl+Up/Down to switch threads, Ctrl+Shift+Left/Right to switch pages.