Welcome to the Lounge
The Lounge is rated Safe For Work. If you're about to post something inappropriate for a shared office environment, then don't post it. No ads, no abuse, and no programming questions. Trolling, (political, climate, religious or whatever) will result in your account being removed.
|My "cheat" version:
For the rum syrup:
• 150 g sugar
• 1 vanilla pod, split lengthways and seeds scraped out and set aside
• 150 ml rum
For the chantilly cream:
• 200 ml double cream
• 2 tbsp caster sugar
For the doughnuts:
• 6 plain doughnuts
• honey, for drizzling
1. For the rum syrup: Put the sugar and 750ml water in a pan over heat, stirring regularly. Add the vanilla pod and bring to the boil. Once the sugar has dissolved, add the rum.
2. For the chantilly cream: In a bowl, mix the cream with the caster sugar and the seeds from the vanilla pod. Whisk together until the consistency reaches soft peaks.
3. For the doughnuts: Drop the doughnuts into the hot syrup and using tongs, turn them so that they absorb the liquid.
4. Arrange the doughnuts on a plate. Drizzle the rum syrup over the top and use two spoons to form the cream into 2-3 dollops (technical term: Quenelles) to place on top. Drizzle with honey and serve.
May be considered slightly high calorie*
* Particularly by herself, once she's finished stuffing her face
Sent from my Amstrad PC 1640
Never throw anything away, Griff
Bad command or file name. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaaay...
AntiTwitter: @DalekDave is now a follower!
General News Suggestion Question Bug Answer Joke Praise Rant Admin
Use Ctrl+Left/Right to switch messages, Ctrl+Up/Down to switch threads, Ctrl+Shift+Left/Right to switch pages.