The Lounge is rated Safe For Work. If you're about to post something inappropriate for a shared office environment, then don't post it. No ads, no abuse, and no programming questions. Trolling, (political, climate, religious or whatever) will result in your account being removed.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen.
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
The async package wizard thing crashes on my system with E_INVALIDARG
meanwhile, i could make a visual studio extension manually.
but microsoft does not document the VSIX packages very well.
That's neglect. They're violating their own guidelines by effectively making it so a wizard is the only way to do the thing.
This is shameful for such a major MS product. And this isn't a new thing. Documenting VS extensions has been a problem of theirs for as long as I can remember.
However, putting all the settings in a separate registry hive file, and forcing you to use VSIX while it's (somewhat) unstable and (largely) undocumented makes it far worse in recent versions of VS. This is a disservice to everyone who uses their product.
When I was growin' up, I was the smartest kid I knew. Maybe that was just because I didn't know that many kids. All I know is now I feel the opposite.
Frank Wilhoit: “Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”
We never have had a president* so completely deserving of scorn and yet so small in the office that it almost seems a waste of time and energy to summon the requisite contempt
Not bad, but I prefer the Patti original, she just has more ... depth ... in her voice.
She's 72 now, and is still releasing music!
Did you catch her version of "Teen Spirit" from 2007? 60 yo and OK, her voice has lost a lot, but ... still damn good.
Sent from my Amstrad PC 1640 Never throw anything away, Griff
Bad command or file name. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaaay...
AntiTwitter: @DalekDave is now a follower!
I'm leaving this afternoon for a retreat high in the mountains of Colorado. The missus is an overachiever and this is her company's way of saying thanks. Five days in the mountains...what could go wrong? I'm taking the laptop just in case, but hopefully can forget about work for a few days.