Click here to Skip to main content
14,332,266 members

Welcome to the Lounge

   

For discussing anything related to a software developer's life but is not for programming questions. Got a programming question?

The Lounge is rated Safe For Work. If you're about to post something inappropriate for a shared office environment, then don't post it. No ads, no abuse, and no programming questions. Trolling, (political, climate, religious or whatever) will result in your account being removed.
 
GeneralRe: i don't like object oriented programming Pin
honey the codewitch31-Jul-19 1:28
memberhoney the codewitch31-Jul-19 1:28 
GeneralRe: i don't like object oriented programming Pin
Bob100030-Jul-19 23:48
professionalBob100030-Jul-19 23:48 
GeneralRe: i don't like object oriented programming Pin
TNCaver31-Jul-19 4:19
memberTNCaver31-Jul-19 4:19 
GeneralRe: i don't like object oriented programming Pin
honey the codewitch31-Jul-19 4:25
memberhoney the codewitch31-Jul-19 4:25 
GeneralRe: i don't like object oriented programming Pin
TNCaver31-Jul-19 5:42
memberTNCaver31-Jul-19 5:42 
GeneralRe: i don't like object oriented programming Pin
honey the codewitch31-Jul-19 5:44
memberhoney the codewitch31-Jul-19 5:44 
GeneralWell I like object oriented programming Pin
SeattleC++31-Jul-19 11:21
memberSeattleC++31-Jul-19 11:21 
GeneralRe: Well I like object oriented programming Pin
honey the codewitch31-Jul-19 11:26
memberhoney the codewitch31-Jul-19 11:26 
that's fair. it sounds like you come from primarily an OO background based on how you view generics.

You're not wrong or anything, i think it's just perspective. When I see a template or a generic i see GP and sometimes AOP potential, with object orientation being secondary because I'm used to looking at things through a C++ lens, and OO just isn't the dominant paradigm there.

I go as deep as I need to and factor on a case by case. I know a lot of people have a lot of hard and fast rules, but I'm a bit more fluid, although I do try to avoid deep hierarchies as a rule.

I'm currently working on a document object model that's deeper than I'd like, but DOMs are kind of their own beast. They're typically nested inheritance-wise to three deep and that's where mine is in 40% of it. The other 60% are Expression elements (binary,unary, etc) so those go deeper.

like i said, case by case for me.
When I was growin' up, I was the smartest kid I knew. Maybe that was just because I didn't know that many kids. All I know is now I feel the opposite.

GeneralRe: i don't like object oriented programming Pin
BotReject9-Aug-19 1:12
memberBotReject9-Aug-19 1:12 
GeneralRe: i don't like object oriented programming Pin
honey the codewitch9-Aug-19 1:23
memberhoney the codewitch9-Aug-19 1:23 
GeneralThought of the Day Pin
OriginalGriff30-Jul-19 4:39
protectorOriginalGriff30-Jul-19 4:39 
GeneralRe: Thought of the Day Pin
PIEBALDconsult30-Jul-19 4:58
protectorPIEBALDconsult30-Jul-19 4:58 
GeneralRe: Thought of the Day Pin
OriginalGriff30-Jul-19 5:04
protectorOriginalGriff30-Jul-19 5:04 
GeneralRe: Thought of the Day Pin
Sander Rossel30-Jul-19 5:01
professionalSander Rossel30-Jul-19 5:01 
GeneralRe: Thought of the Day Pin
Jacquers30-Jul-19 5:31
memberJacquers30-Jul-19 5:31 
GeneralRe: Thought of the Day Pin
jeron130-Jul-19 6:07
memberjeron130-Jul-19 6:07 
GeneralRe: Thought of the Day Pin
W Balboos30-Jul-19 6:30
mveW Balboos30-Jul-19 6:30 
GeneralRe: Thought of the Day Pin
PIEBALDconsult30-Jul-19 9:02
protectorPIEBALDconsult30-Jul-19 9:02 
Generalmy debugging regressed to the 1980s Pin
honey the codewitch30-Jul-19 3:42
memberhoney the codewitch30-Jul-19 3:42 
GeneralRe: my debugging regressed to the 1980s Pin
Richard Deeming30-Jul-19 4:00
mveRichard Deeming30-Jul-19 4:00 
GeneralRe: my debugging regressed to the 1980s Pin
honey the codewitch30-Jul-19 4:01
memberhoney the codewitch30-Jul-19 4:01 
GeneralRe: my debugging regressed to the 1980s Pin
Richard Deeming30-Jul-19 4:13
mveRichard Deeming30-Jul-19 4:13 
GeneralRe: my debugging regressed to the 1980s Pin
honey the codewitch30-Jul-19 4:16
memberhoney the codewitch30-Jul-19 4:16 
GeneralRe: my debugging regressed to the 1980s Pin
Richard Deeming30-Jul-19 4:21
mveRichard Deeming30-Jul-19 4:21 
GeneralRe: my debugging regressed to the 1980s Pin
honey the codewitch30-Jul-19 4:22
memberhoney the codewitch30-Jul-19 4:22 

General General    News News    Suggestion Suggestion    Question Question    Bug Bug    Answer Answer    Joke Joke    Praise Praise    Rant Rant    Admin Admin   

Use Ctrl+Left/Right to switch messages, Ctrl+Up/Down to switch threads, Ctrl+Shift+Left/Right to switch pages.