The Lounge is rated Safe For Work. If you're about to post something inappropriate for a shared office environment, then don't post it. No ads, no abuse, and no programming questions. Trolling, (political, climate, religious or whatever) will result in your account being removed.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen.
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
How do I know this beef is good, without samples?
I want beef samples!
But there is no sample link on the page, despite a tantalising screenshot of a game sample in the IDE pic...
Even the source on GIT doesn't have sample...
Although.. the IDE i also build with beef.. mmm...
What I really would like though, is some Dirext X sample.. like the "GameApp" on their page....
I've spent all day on a particular optimization only to run into wall where i just can't get it to generate the correct code.
It's super frustrating. I hate when some bugs crop up and debugging them is like trying to push an air bubble out of a waterbed. It just doesn't work. You squash it in one place, it comes back somewhere else.
The problem is I really should be converting this to a partial DFA but i haven't figured out how, so I was doing it another way, and turns out it's probably and anti-pattern (not that this is common enough code to be a pattern in the first place)
".45 ACP - because shooting twice is just silly" - JSOP, 2010 ----- You can never have too much ammo - unless you're swimming, or on fire. - JSOP, 2010 ----- When you pry the gun from my cold dead hands, be careful - the barrel will be very hot. - JSOP, 2013
Government can give you nothing but what it takes from somebody else. A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you've got, including your freedom.-Ezra Taft Benson
You must accept 1 of 2 basic premises: Either we are alone in the universe or we are not alone. Either way, the implications are staggering!-Wernher von Braun
I think it is free to be installed during those two months, but once installed you don't need to pay later for it when the two months are over
Forget it... I just saw it...
If something has a solution... Why do we have to worry about?. If it has no solution... For what reason do we have to worry about?
Help me to understand what I'm saying, and I'll explain it better to you
Rating helpful answers is nice, but saying thanks can be even nicer.
Hadn't heard of it before now.
I tried the sample (https://raytracer-mono-aot.platform.uno/[^]) on a VM that doesn't have much RAM and it failed. Tried it on another machine and it worked (both on latest FireFox).
I'd like to see the dev environment and try developing a small android app to give better evaluation.
Looks interesting though.