|Gawd, I know it was a stupid thing to do, but I just downloaded and installed it.
• Install on a VM that has office 2010 (the highest I will ever go)
• OK, so "Run RH2 when I click Finish", checked.
• Click finish.
• It doesn't run. I Should have known better.
• Because it's ms bloatware, give it five times as long as I would give any other company (except adobe), then give up and open Word.
• It displays a full-window clipart-ish picture, and starts playing f***cking music! Really loud, elevator music!
(It's already got me swearing, and I haven't even opened the f***ing thing, yet!)
• The only way to stop the music appears to be by locating and clicking the "Play" button, which is as small as they can make it, with a caption font-size big enough to read.
• However, I note that there's a "settings" icon, and click it. The music stops.
• No "Shut this f***ing music up!" option. In fact, the only option is to allow them to slurp data, which is on, by default.
• Select "Go f*** yourselves"1, and exit "setting" (singular).
(1 artistic license)
• The music starts again.
• Click the loudspeaker icon, which, thankfully, gives me an option to mute the music.
• Close and re-open RH2 and Word, to see if the mute option sticks. It doesn't.
• Click the Play button,
• A really dire comic strip is displayed, which scrolls ridiculously slowly (seriously, you'd need a reading age of minus 5 to keep up).
• Ignore the stupid comic-strip intro, and just click anything that will advance the process.
• The full-window clipart-ish picture disappears, and Word's title-bar (Yes, I've re-implemented them) reads "Document1 - Microsoft Word (Not Responding)"
• Three minutes later (with a quad-core, sh1t-off-a-shovel chip and a 4-gig graphics card), Word goes full-screen with a read-only document, telling me to change the font for the whole document from comic sans to calibri (neither of which I would ever use, but there you go).
• Change the Normal style font to calibri (which I can do quickly and efficiently, because I have toolbar buttons).
• It makes a REALLY LOUD "victory" sound! Seriously, I cannot stress how f***ing loud this noise is! A guy three offices down had a heart attack!
• Minimise word, to add the above entry, but find that the "Hyuk hyuk! Y'all did it!" pop-up (I paraphrase, to imply the correct tone) is set to stay at the top of the Z-order, so I have to dismiss it before I am allowed to do anything else.
• Another mindless, and mindlessly slow scrolling, comic strip, that I scroll past in total ignorance of (and lack of interest in) its content.
• Click to go to the next task.
Microsoft Word has stopped working
I wanna be a eunuchs developer! Pass me a bread knife!
modified 24-Feb-20 1:51am.