The Lounge is rated Safe For Work. If you're about to post something inappropriate for a shared office environment, then don't post it. No ads, no abuse, and no programming questions. Trolling, (political, climate, religious or whatever) will result in your account being removed.
Short answer: Out of convenience. If you are going to get your essentials then drive to a fuel station (for example) and you don't want to put the mask on, off, and on again (which actually can increase your exposure since you are touching your face and God knows what you have touched prior may or may not have COVID on it).
1. Anyone that contracts COVID-19 does not necessarily exhibit symptoms. They can just be carriers.
2. The mask is primarily to protect everyone else from you specially if you have been infected, have symptoms, or has been in contact with anyone/anything that's got COVID-19.
3. There is no cure. The same thing applies to the common cold virus (Rhinovirus). Once you have it, you will always have it. You don't really believe that people catch cold from the rain or being stressed, do you? The sudden change of temperature and mental health impacts our immune system. Given that you always have the Rhinovirus, the symptoms flare up under certain conditions.
4. Social distancing may not be beneficial to you being healthy and all. They are for the most vulnerable and people that have pre-existing conditions whom if infected can die from it. I think the animation here says it all: ⛰️Places To Visit This Weekend[^]
5. A host cell infected with a virus may die off naturally outside the body in 4 days but a virion (a single strand of the virus) can last a very long time. Heck, it survives salt water FFS. A virion is not actually a living thing until it attaches itself to another cell. By definition, a virion is a complete viral particle consisting of RNA or DNA surrounded by a protein shell.
People complain about legacy in VB6, but this goes beyond the limit.
If something has a solution... Why do we have to worry about?. If it has no solution... For what reason do we have to worry about?
Help me to understand what I'm saying, and I'll explain it better to you
Rating helpful answers is nice, but saying thanks can be even nicer.
A few years ago I was looking into turning it into some single-purpose, simple device like a weather tracker for my folks (my dad would often waste 20 minutes watching the weather channel just waiting for the local weather to come up...telling him there's better, instantaneous sources fell on deaf ears).
Essentially there's nothing useful I could get out of device because (and this is apparently a common complaint) its overly aggressive power-saving "feature" is constantly trying to turn off the display after some ridiculously small amount of time, and there's no option for "never", even when plugged in.