The Lounge is rated Safe For Work. If you're about to post something inappropriate for a shared office environment, then don't post it. No ads, no abuse, and no programming questions. Trolling, (political, climate, religious or whatever) will result in your account being removed.
I've taken an interest in farming... It's a growing field.
Not if you are farming bitcoin
If something has a solution... Why do we have to worry about?. If it has no solution... For what reason do we have to worry about?
Help me to understand what I'm saying, and I'll explain it better to you
Rating helpful answers is nice, but saying thanks can be even nicer.
I see it as five options:
1) Continue with themes.
2) Have themed and non-themed weeks, more themed than non-themed.
3) Have themed and non-themed weeks, less themed than non-themed.
4) Abandon themes completely.
5) Abandon the CCC completely.
So: vote below here, and we'll go with the majority as from next Monday.
Voting closes in 24 hours.
Sent from my Amstrad PC 1640 Never throw anything away, Griff
Bad command or file name. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaaay...
AntiTwitter: @DalekDave is now a follower!
I don't participate in them which means you're all engaging in wrong-fun. And wrong-fun isn't allowed here any more (RIP soapbox).
/sarc (I shouldn't need to do this, but if I don't someone will be oblivious enough to think I'm serious.)
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
Training a telescope on one’s own belly button will only reveal lint. You like that? You go right on staring at it. I prefer looking at galaxies.
-- Sarah Hoyt
As OP said it has its pros and cons. But here is my reason why I don't like it much.
1. When CCC is posted, I can just look at it absorb it and try to solve it. I don't have to browse or look on past post to figure out the theme If I am not regular or following all post in the Lounge,
2. Theme makes solving easy but framing the next one challenging. This I feel I should be vice versa.
3. Theme gives a unfair level playing field for few ( may be not), but If lets say its decided the theme is Harry Potter or Vegan then I will not be inspired to look into the CCC for that whole week. My apology to all Muggles.
Having said that, if majority prefers theme, I will go with it.
Too much of good is bad,mix some evil in it
I agree, although I was partly responsible for them being introduced I didn't realise they would end up almost being compulsory.
The down side of them is, they preclude otherwise good cryptic solvers ( and there are lots on here ) from not only solving them but taking part at all if they don't know the theme ( I'm one of them ) so I've voted to abandon them.
"We can't stop here - this is bat country" - Hunter S Thompson - RIP