The Lounge is rated Safe For Work. If you're about to post something inappropriate for a shared office environment, then don't post it. No ads, no abuse, and no programming questions. Trolling, (political, climate, religious or whatever) will result in your account being removed.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen.
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
VS Code is really useful, especially without any of the addins. I use it as an editor for C/C++, C#, Java, Javscript, PHP and Python. I use simple batch files in the terminal Window of VS Code to build and run the samples.
GLEAN = anagram for ANGEL
PERSPECTIVE = synonym for ANGLE
I noticed the perspective/angle synonym and briefly considered that it was a LR indicator. But it would make an even better rorschach technique. If you could devise some carefully designed clues with multiple answers, over a period of time the answers given by your opponents would reveal their characteristics depending on which answer they found.
My wifes Surface Pro 4 worked perfectly yesterday
Today the type cover ( physical keyboard ) no longer works
It's not visible in Device manager
Reset to defaults ( basically re installs Win 10 )
Googling tells me thousands of people are affected by this
What a piece of expensive crap
"We can't stop here - this is bat country" - Hunter S Thompson - RIP
I've been getting lots of BSODs on my work machine since updating, updates are completely out of my control and will give me 15 minutes notice of a computer restart.
Microsoft have really elephanted things up with their recent releases.
“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”