The Lounge is rated Safe For Work. If you're about to post something inappropriate for a shared office environment, then don't post it. No ads, no abuse, and no programming questions. Trolling, (political, climate, religious or whatever) will result in your account being removed.
I have a rough time pronouncing it, never mind spelling it. Nice town though. Lots of decent Pubs, with good food, and Grolsch is a decent beer. People were pretty friendly and worked through our language barrier, making for a pleasant work trip.
In Italy (we drive on the right side, you are from UK so you drive on the wrong - in facts the contrary of right is wrong) for some years roundabouts were to be traversed CLOCKWISE - which meant invading the opposite lane to access a roundabout.
Then the traffic laws changed to the intelligent way, roundabouts are to be traversed COUNTERCLOCKWISE so everybody stays on its own lane.
All right and good except that for 20 years elderly drivers took the roudabouts in the old ways and frontal collisions in roundabouts skyrocketed. Roundabouts have been the most dangerous road features in Italy for years and they still are in remote places where 90 years old drivers are common.
1) At intersections, when you're clear to go, GO FOR FLOCK'S SAKE!! We aren't patient, at all;
2) Careful in roundabouts to the smartaxes who will enter even when you're already inside;
3) Careful in roundabouts to the smartaxes who will accelerate from 100 meters away to enter the nanosecond before you do;
4) Careful in roundabouts to the smartaxes don't know how to drive and will flank you from either side, or stop their car inside the roundabout and then shift to the rear gear because they missed their exit;
5) Pedestrians can and will jump out of nowhere with or without pedestrian crossings;
6) Don't honk if not absolutely necessary and you aren't ready to fight for dear life.
Bonus: cyclists without mandatory lights and mandatory reflective jackets are the norm. Especially when it's dark. Even worse if they are 80+ years old and can't go straight even on a ing rail.