Click here to Skip to main content
15,941,444 members
Please Sign up or sign in to vote.
0.00/5 (No votes)
See more:
I have no success in connecting to MySql database for asp.net membership. I have an empty database, and when I use the ASP Configuration tool I get the message that no providers are specified. Can someone suggest what works? Here is my connection string and membership section in the web.config.

<connectionStrings>
    <add name="MySqlMembershipConnection"
        connectionString="server=localhost;user id=root;persistsecurityinfo=True;password=bobby;database=bsgdb;"
        providerName="MySql.Data.MySqlClient"/>
  </connectionStrings>

<membership defaultProvider="MySqlMembershipProvider">
      <providers>
        <clear/>
        <add name="MySqlMembershipProvider"
              type="MySql.Web.Security.MySQLMembershipProvider, MySql.Web, Version=6.9.8.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d"
                connectionStringName="MySqlMembershipConnection"
                enablePasswordRetrieval="false"
                enablePasswordReset="true"
                requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false"
                requiresUniqueEmail="true"
                passwordFormat="Hashed"
                maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5"
                minRequiredPasswordLength="6"
                minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0"
                passwordAttemptWindow="10"
                applicationName="/"
                autogenerateschema="true"/>
      </providers>
    </membership>


What I have tried:

I have tried everything that I can find. Nothing works. I have not changed anything in my machine.config as one source suggested. I don't know where it is. I am using Windows 7.
Posted
Updated 29-Jan-17 16:01pm

 
Share this answer
 
I used that along with lots of others. But there seemed to be something missing from all of them. I finally found the right version number along with the public key for the type. After a few more changes I generated the tables, though some errors popped up. Then a few more changes finally got it working. I wonder if someone out there has all the proper instructions and web.config to get it to work the first time. Much of what I found was useless. But one posting had the answer close enough. The config information I posted is correct and it works. I'm not sure what finally got the problem resolved. Maybe the cold beer worked.

Thanks for your help. Now that I have the database created and can connect I will try to use it in another project. Now I will try to find a way to get the website admin tool to work in VS 2013! I am using VS 2010 where I encountered the MySql difficulties.
 
Share this answer
 

This content, along with any associated source code and files, is licensed under The Code Project Open License (CPOL)



CodeProject, 20 Bay Street, 11th Floor Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2N8 +1 (416) 849-8900