Click here to Skip to main content
14,027,950 members
Rate this:
 
Please Sign up or sign in to vote.
See more:
Hi there,

I am working in a webform that was working as expected prior changing its ClientIdMode to Static. I obviously had to make several adjustments to code since the plethora of UpdatePanels in it decided to ignore the set AsyncPostBackTrigger or at least so it seemed to me.

Any how, after adjustments, almost everything came back to normal except for an odd behavior, which I'll try to describe. One of many present buttons calls its code behind code, and updates both, the DB and UI as expected. It event sets the focus on the desired control.

protected void lkBtnOkDcto_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
...
    txDocNum.Focus();
}
I can event start typing into it as if everything was peachy.

Here's the catch. When I hover any control (button, linkbutton, etc) with the mouse, all CSS changes or standard behavior such as link preview, pointer settings, etc. simply go away. I have to click anywhere in the page for it to "work again".

Any ideas?

What I have tried:

I have review the code which sets the focus, updates each a every involved UpdatePanel, and every control (label, textbox, ddl, etc.) get properly set.

One thing I noticed; when I am forced to "click" anywhere in order to "reactivate" the mouse, the focus is sent to another control, which does not have autofocus set, nor its focus is ever set in code behind.

Thanks for your input.
Posted
Updated 19-Nov-18 3:55am
v2

1 solution

Rate this: bad
 
good
Please Sign up or sign in to vote.

Solution 1

Hi,

Thanks to the input offered by both: Vincent Maverick Durano, and ZurdoDev, I found the root of the problem!

It was a div tag inside an updatepanel (Vicent, you are right, they are "Evil"), which simply decided to ignore the Update() method being invoked from code.
divClickOut.Visible = false;
UpdPnlBackDrop.Update();
Since the div is transparent a has not effect on tab, etc. key-navigation, its presence was not obvious.

On the other hand, as ZurdoDev suggested, I did use the browser's debug tool (again), to inspect scripts, html, etc, but overlooked the simple, yet effective right-click => "Inspect Element" option.

These ideas allowed me to detect the problem of this "odd behavior"; now, I'll get on fixing it.

Thank you guys.
   

This content, along with any associated source code and files, is licensed under The Code Project Open License (CPOL)

  Print Answers RSS
Top Experts
Last 24hrsThis month


Advertise | Privacy | Cookies | Terms of Service
Web05 | 2.8.190419.4 | Last Updated 19 Nov 2018
Copyright © CodeProject, 1999-2019
All Rights Reserved.
Layout: fixed | fluid

CodeProject, 503-250 Ferrand Drive Toronto Ontario, M3C 3G8 Canada +1 416-849-8900 x 100