I am developing an app in Dynamics Sales where I want to add a control for autocompleting addresses from Bing (I have to do it with Bing) in real time.
So, for example, if I want to type "Burger King" and I start typing "Burg..." the control will be giving back in a drop down different options in different places.
Could someone suggest me which could be the best approach for this?
What I have tried:
I tried two approaches for this, but both have their pros and cons:
1. A canvas app
This is the easiest as it has a map and address input already added to them. The issue with this is that:
- The app scales perfect in the model driven form, but in Dynamics looks too big.
- I can't make the records to be linked to the account in Dynamics. If I open an account, it won't show the address linked to it
2. A PCF control
I found in the internet a blog that created a PCF for Bing Address Autocomplete. It is 4 years old, and, even though I had a hard time implementing it via VScode, I managed to import it and make it work. The problem with this:
- I can't limit it to give searches only for a specific country
- Sometimes it works and others doesn't. I start typing, and don't get any result back. And, with some accounts that work, when I save the record, it gives addresses back, but when I click to populate the fields (street, city, country...) it doesn't work and it is stuck with the previous address
- I can't get the Bing Maps control in classic mode to get pins when I click. It is not able to be customized