Click here to Skip to main content
14,868,587 members
Please Sign up or sign in to vote.
0.00/5 (No votes)
See more:
We are creating a WCF Client which uses the web service created using Message Broker. Due to a recent change, we started using VDN from personal computer. Basically if we do "ADD/Update" service reference, it will create Reference.cs/vb file & config file.

Earlier in my PC, it was working fine and i saw all the sections inside the service model got updated. Below is one of the sample.

XML
<system.serviceModel>
  <bindings>
    <basicHttpBinding>
      <binding name="NameA" closeTimeout="00:01:00" openTimeout="00:01:00" receiveTimeout="00:10:00" sendTimeout="00:01:00" allowCookies="false" bypassProxyOnLocal="false" hostNameComparisonMode="StrongWildcard" maxBufferSize="65536" maxBufferPoolSize="524288" maxReceivedMessageSize="65536" messageEncoding="Text" textEncoding="utf-8" transferMode="Buffered" useDefaultWebProxy="true">
        <readerQuotas maxDepth="32" maxStringContentLength="8192" maxArrayLength="16384" maxBytesPerRead="4096" maxNameTableCharCount="16384" />
        <security mode="None">
          <transport clientCredentialType="None" proxyCredentialType="None" realm="" />
          <message clientCredentialType="UserName" algorithmSuite="Default" />
        </security>
      </binding>
      <binding name="NameAg" closeTimeout="00:01:00" openTimeout="00:01:00" receiveTimeout="00:10:00" sendTimeout="00:01:00" allowCookies="false" bypassProxyOnLocal="false" hostNameComparisonMode="StrongWildcard" maxBufferSize="65536" maxBufferPoolSize="524288" maxReceivedMessageSize="65536" messageEncoding="Text" textEncoding="utf-8" transferMode="Buffered" useDefaultWebProxy="true">
        <readerQuotas maxDepth="32" maxStringContentLength="8192" maxArrayLength="16384" maxBytesPerRead="4096" maxNameTableCharCount="16384" />
        <security mode="None">
          <transport clientCredentialType="None" proxyCredentialType="None" realm="" />
          <message clientCredentialType="UserName" algorithmSuite="Default" />
        </security>
      </binding>
    </basicHttpBinding>
  </bindings>
  <client>
    <endpoint address="http://w3.org/service" binding="basicHttpBinding" bindingConfiguration="NameA" contract="ServiceReference1.ServiceType" name="ServiceTypePort">
         </endpoint>
  </client>
</system.serviceModel>



Note: I just scrambled the name of the service and binding names.

But, after switched to VDN, when updated/add service reference, I see only below. There is no details other than binding name. I am not sure why this occurs in VDN alone. Also, i tried directly using svcutil.exe and that also outputs the same and i don't see any warnings while doing it. Also, Please let me know if there are any place from where i can see the logs when i use service reference within the VS 2010.

XML
<system.serviceModel>
  <bindings>
    <basicHttpBinding>
      <binding name="NameA" />
      <binding name="NameAg" />
    </basicHttpBinding>
  </bindings>
  <client>
    <endpoint address="NameA"
        binding="basicHttpBinding" bindingConfiguration="ServicePort"
        contract="ServiceReference1.ServicePortType"
        name="ServicePort">
    </endpoint>
  </client>
</system.serviceModel>
Posted

This content, along with any associated source code and files, is licensed under The Code Project Open License (CPOL)




CodeProject, 20 Bay Street, 11th Floor Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2N8 +1 (416) 849-8900