An Accessible windows based application supports:
• Support Control Panel size, color, font, and input settings. The menu bar, title bar, borders, and status bar will all resize themselves when the user changes the control panel settings. No additional changes to the controls or code are required in this application.
• Support High Contrast mode.
• Provide Documented keyboard access to all features.
• Expose location of the keyboard focus visually and programmatically.
• Avoid conveying important information by sound alone.
Resources for Designing Accessible Applications
Walkthrough: Creating an Accessible Windows-based Application