Whenever you locate a topic on your local MSDN (pre VS2010), you may want to see where it fits in, in entire MSDN Documentation Hierarchy. For this, you can click 'Sync with Table of Contents' on toolbar (3rd or 4th small
button from right).
I did not find it flexible enough, many times I customized the toolbar to make this button big, but it reverts back. Anyhow, I need to find it an click
it. I found a shorter way - Assign a Shortcut to it!
To do this:
- Open your local MSDN.
- Click Tools -> Customize
- On Dialogbox, click on Keyboard...
- In the textbox beneath 'Show Commands Containing' type in: Help.SyncwithTableofContents
- Now, under Press shortcut keys, press your shortcut key you want to set. For example, I set Ctrl+S.
- Click Assign, then click OK. Close other dialog box also.
- Voila! You are done, just press your favorite key, and get in Sync!