This is a post for all those working on Android and wanting to access the internet over Android.
Just follow these simple steps:
- First of all, open cmd.
- Move to tools directory of your Android folder. For example, in my case:
- Run the Android (Do so by eclipse or using Android.bat).
- Now when you have reached the menu screen of Android, then type adb shell in cmd.
- Your prompt should change like #
sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/ databases/settings.db
- Now your command prompt will look like sqlite>
- Enter this command where Proxy IP is the IP of your Proxy server and port is its port value.
INSERT INTO system VALUES(99,’http_proxy’,'Proxy IP:port’);
- Check your entry by typing:
select * from system;
- If you found your entry, then move over to your Android mobile.
- Click the home button.
- Click on menu button.
- Click on settings.
- Click on wireless control.
- Click on mobile networks.
- Click on access point name.
- Click on the access point shown.
- Now a menu comes fill your proxy, port, username, password, etc. information on that page.
- Now you can access the net from the Android emulator.