In this article, you will see the installation, usage, details and dependencies of Inno Setup Dependency Installer.
Inno Setup Dependency Installer can download and install any dependency such as .NET, Visual C++ or SQL Server during your application's installation. In addition, it is easy to add your own dependencies as well.
Installation and Usage
- Download and install Inno Setup 6.1+.
- Download and extract the script from here or the official Github repository.
- Open the extracted setup.iss file.
- Comment out dependency defines to disable installing them and leave only dependencies that need to be installed:
#define UseVC2013 <-- will be installed
//#define UseVC2013 <-- commented out and will not be installed
- Modify other sections like [Setup] [Files] [Icons] as necessary.
- Build setup using Inno Setup compiler.
You have two ways to distribute the dependency installers. By default, the dependency will be downloaded from the official website once it is defined as required in the setup.iss. Another way is to pack the dependency into a single setup.exe file. To do so, you need:
Include the dependency setup file by defining the source:
Source: "dxwebsetup.exe"; Flags: dontcopy noencryption
ExtractTemporaryFile() function before
The installation routine of the dependencies is automatic, and in quiet or semi quiet mode. Therefore, no user interaction is needed.
- .NET Framework 1.1
- .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 (Patch)
- .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2
- .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1
- .NET Framework 4.0 Client
- .NET Framework 4.0 Full
- .NET Framework 4.5.2
- .NET Framework 4.6.2
- .NET Framework 4.7.2
- .NET Framework 4.8
- .NET Core Runtime 3.1
- ASP.NET Core Runtime 3.1
- .NET Desktop Runtime 3.1
- .NET Runtime 5.0
- ASP.NET Core Runtime 5.0
- .NET Desktop Runtime 5.0
- Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable
- Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable
- Visual C++ 2010 Service Pack 1 Redistributable
- Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable
- Visual C++ 2013 Update 5 Redistributable
- Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable
- SQL Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 2 Express
- SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 4 Express
- SQL Server 2014 Service Pack 3 Express
- SQL Server 2016 Service Pack 2 Express
- SQL Server 2017 Express
- SQL Server 2019 Express
- DirectX End-User Runtime
- Windows Installer 4.5
Thanks to the community for sharing many fixes and improvements. To contribute, please create a pull request on the official Github repository.
- 22nd December, 2020: Initial version