Download source files - 65 KbDownload executable - 20 Kb
If you have ever used WinDiff you will be aware of its poor user interface
for selecting files and directories. To this end I developed a simple
application that acts as a front end to WinDiff and allows you to drag and drop files
or directories, or browse for files and directories using the file and directory chooser
The program also remembers its last screen location, the files last compared
and the whether or not the dialog was expanded or contracted. The sample demonstrates
collapsable dialogs, window position persistance, and also demonstrates a variation
of Chris Losinger's great
CDropEdit class (in this case a drop-file combobox).
- Extensive use has been made of Davide Calibro's flat buttons,
thanks to Daniel Lyons who felt my original
UI was a bit boring and gave it a major facelift. Thanks Daniel!
- The combo's accept dropped files (previously used drop edit controls) and
are auto-completing. They store the last 10 files entered and the drop width
is modified each time a file is added in order to display as much as possible.
- Directory pickers start from the last directory visited.
- My ComboBoxEx class has been renamed - hopefully this will fix the VC6
- Chris Losinger - Drop Edit
- Vladimir Kvashin, Girish Bharadwaj and Lars Klose - Directory picker class
- Davide Calibro - Flat buttons
- Daniel Lyons - UI work and a new approach to collapsable dialogs.
- Klaus - suggested setting the initial directory of the directory pickers. No idea
why I didn't do that in the first place!