Using Visual C++ 6.0
· no longer support version 5 and earlier.
· Fix all bugs installing Service Pack 5.
· Use a tiny path to QTDIR (C:\QT\3.c)
· VC++ 6.0 Linker doesn’t support filenames with spaces (C:\Program Files\Qt\3.x), try use QTDIR=C:\QT\3.X).
· Be carrefull with alignment flags like /Zp2
· The Qt 3.2.x can use .NET and VC++ 6.0.
· Forget “Visual C++ Toolkit 2003”, it don’t will work, sorry.
If you will develop tools or programs of public domain, then you don't need to pay for the commercial license of QT, it can use the version no commercial "qt-win-noncommercial-msvc-3.2.1.exe".
Be careful, because these programs should be distributed with the sources codes. And that you do is useful for a lot of others people, order copy of the code for the manufacturer of Qt.
See the list of the operating systems and the name of the file of distribution of the no-commercial editions.
Microsoft Windows => qt-win-noncommercial-msvc-3.2.1.exe
MacOS => qt-mac-free-3.2.1.tar.gz
Linux => qt-x11-free-3.2.1.tar.gz
There's a old version of Qt 2.30 . It's work fine! ;-)
You can get a trial version of QT. You can find good books about QT programming on internet.
· C++ GUI Programming with Qt 3 (Jasmin Blanchette and Mark Summerfield)
· Qt. Professional programming with C++ , Russian (Max Schlee)
· Qt/KDE 2 Programming (MingChe Chuang)
· Programming With Qt (Matthias Kalle Dalheimer)
· Qt Programming in 24 hours (Daniel Solin)
· Qt Programming for Linux and Windows 2000 (Patrick Ward Prentice)
We did ties now it went to talk about Qt and their functionalities and restrictions. Now, I will make an abbreviation introduction about IDE of Qt. It will allow you to create screens and codify their programs easily. The qmake will generate the intermediate files, necessary to transform the interface projects in code C++. The interface files has extension *.UI.
This is the template dialog. Look the samples, But you can create their models.
I will talk more about Qt Designer in the next article.
Any doubt or text no readable and only to scream!