PathBreaker is a small WTL application where you can paste (or enter) a multiple path string (like the PATH environment variable), and edit the individual paths.
When toying around with the batch build of a larger application, I was incredibly annoyed by the editing of environment strings, like the PATH or INCLUDE variable. Visual Studio provides a nice interface for its internal strings, but nothing that works stand-alone.
I figured this would make a nice standalone WTL application - and here it is. No installation is necessary, and the executable is just 40K.
The Source code
Source code is included for anyone interested. It uses WTL 7 (which is now OpenSource - see SourceForge), but should work with previous WTL versions as well. Things that might be interesting are:
- Browsing for a folder using
- Setting the initial folder when using
- Building a popup menu dynamically.
- Enumerating Environment variables.
- Editing the labels in a list control.
- Entering Label Edit using the keyboard (F", or just start typing).
- Copying / Pasting
CString to / from clipboard.
If you like it - fine!