Welcome to WPF.JoshSmith. This is not a typical CodeProject article. I am using the Web page generated for this article to host, and make publicly available, a library of classes I have created for use in Windows Presentation Foundation applications. Over time I will update this page (and the source code download) to include any new classes I've added to the WPF.JoshSmith library. Think of this as a really cheap and easy alternative to creating a full Web site just to make the assembly available to the world.
All of the major classes in WPF.JoshSmith either have an article about them here on the CodeProject, or I've blogged about them. The purpose of WPF.JoshSmith is to consolidate all of the classes I've created into one place, thus making it easier for people to have all the goodies in one assembly. In addition to providing the WPF.JoshSmith assembly, the source code download at the top of this article also contains test/demo projects for many of the various classes in the library. Those projects show how to use the code and what the various classes do.
All of the code in the library can be used free of charge, provided that the copyright statements in each source file remain intact. Josh Smith accepts no responsibility for any errors, loss of data, system crashes, etc. that occur as a result of using WPF.JoshSmith.
This section provides an overview of the major classes available in the library, divided up by namespaces. Click on the name of a class to open an article/blog entry which discusses it in depth.
- DragAdorner - A lightweight adorner which renders a visual that can follow the mouse cursor, such as during a drag-and-drop operation. Original concept taken from this blog post.
- UIElementAdorner - An adorner which can display one and only one
UIElement. The element is added to the adorner's visual and logical trees, enabling it to particpate in dependency property value inheritance, amongst other things.
- RegexValidationRule - A
ValidationRule-derived class which supports the use of regular expressions for validation.
- RegexValidator - A static class which provides attached properties that supply validation of the text in a
TextBox, using regular expressions. This class works in conjunction with the
- CenteredContentControl - A
ContentControl derivative which exposes read-only dependency properties that return the element's center point (
CenterY). Those values can be used to bind another element (such as a
Line) to the center of the
CenteredContentControl, even if it is relocated at runtime.
- RoutedDataTemplateSelector - A DataTemplateSelector that bubbles a routed event when asked for a template, allowing an element in the visual tree to decide what template to use.
- SlidingListBox - A
ListBox which provides an animated slide effect when
ListBoxItems are selected.
- SmartTextBox - A
TextBox with support for displaying a list of suggestions when the user misspells a word. The user presses the F1 key to display the list of suggestions.
- EnumValueToDescriptionConverter - An
IValueConverter which supports conversion from an enum value to the description of that value. If the enum value is decorated with the
DescriptionAttribute attribute, its
Description value is returned. Otherwise, the name of the enum value is returned.
- ResourceKeyToResourceConverter - A converter that performs a resource lookup, using the conversion value as a resource key.
- ValueConverterGroup - An
IValueConverter which contains a list of
IValueConverters and invokes their
ConvertBack methods in the order that they exist in the list. This allows for modular value converters to be "piped" together to achieve complex conversions.
- XamlToObjectConverter - An
IValueConverter which creates a .NET object from the XAML contained in an
XmlElement. The object created can be used as the content of a WPF control or ui element, such as the
ContentPresenter. The inner XML of the
XmlElement passed to the converter must contain valid XAML.
- DataContextSpy - Exports an element tree's DataContext to objects external to the tree itself.
- CommandGroup - A command that aggregates other commands into a group and operates on them as an atomic unit.
- SmartRoutedCommand - A RoutedCommand which allows its subclasses to provide default logic for determining if they can execute and how to execute.
- IfFullTrustExtension - This markup extension conditionally instantiates the XAML you pass it if and only if the application is running in full-trust.
- DragCanvas - A
Canvas which manages dragging of the
UIElements it contains.
- Panel3D - A panel that lays its children out in 3D space and provides animated movement of the children.
- ListViewDragDropManager - Manages the dragging and dropping of
ListViewItems in a
- ListViewItemDragState - Exposes attached properties used in conjunction with the
ListViewDragDropManager class. Those properties can be used to allow triggers to modify the appearance of
ListViewItems in a
ListView during a drag-drop operation.
- UnloadedManager - A service provider class which provides a means of releasing resources when a
Unloaded event fires. If the
DataContext of the element implements
Unload method will be invoked when the elements
Unloaded event fires.
|Date ||Assembly Version ||Notes |
|November 11, 2006 ||126.96.36.199 |
Created the article.
|November 28, 2006 ||188.8.131.52 |
CenteredContentControl and updated the source code download.
|January 24, 2007 ||184.108.40.206 |
DragAdorner classes. Also fixed broken links to articles that were moved. Updated the source code download.
|February 1, 2007 ||220.127.116.11 |
Fixed a couple of bugs in the
ListViewDragDropManager (see the article for details). Updated the source code download.
|February 25, 2007 ||18.104.22.168 |
SmartTextBox control, and the
UIElementAdorner. Refactored the
UIElementAdorner so that they share a base class. Used a bug fix created by William J. Roberts in the
MouseUtilities class (read here for more details). Updated the source code download.
|April 13, 2007 ||22.214.171.124 |
Fixed a minor bug in the
ListViewDragDropManager, which is described in detail at the bottom of that class's article. Updated the source code download.
|July 13, 2008||126.96.36.199||Added many classes to the library and fixed the many links that broke over time.|